After the death of my Dad in 2007, I took a leave of absence from California and my 16 year career in the corporate information technology world, returning home with Bobby to live with Mom for a while and help her recover from the loss of her 50 year partner.
This leave also allowed me time to to pursue my passion for dogs more intensely. I worked with, and continue to work with numerous dog rescue groups, especially with Lollypop Farm in Fairport. There I provide exercise and affection to the strays while also pursuing my dog training certification.
As Mom improved and my satisfaction with rescue worked grew, it was time to make a big decision. Would l return to the corporate world, or can you believe it, pursue what had proven to be my true passion in life? Well, the decision has been made. Although I earn less monetarily than in my prior life, the sense of satisfaction more than makes up for it! It’s safe to say that I’ll never go back.
My Credentials Include:
- Red Cross Certification in Pet First Aid and CPR
- Fully insured & bonded through Mourer Foster
- Active member of About Pet Sitting – a nationwide organization devoted to the highest ethical standards of the Pet Sitting Industry.
- Member of Pet Sitters International
- Active member of “Nuts for Mutts” - a local dog rescue organization located in Irondequoit.
- Affiliated with Tuxedo’s K9 – a Rochester NY Renowned Dog Trainer.
- Approved agent for the largest Pet Relocation companies in the world.